Monday, December 29, 2014

Reading Goals for 2015


2014 was a crazy year for me. I got pregnant & had my 1st baby so reading kind of fell to the wayside which I didn't love but it happened.
2015 is going to be even crazier. I'm going into the new year with a 4 month old baby that's gonna need my attention 24/7 but I don't want to quit reading altogether.

So I've decided to tweak my goals a ton!

First let's look back on my 2014 Goals & how I fared with them.

1. Read 75 Books

This defiantly didn't happen for reasons above. I only read 47 books this year but I'm ok with that! I still read a ton I think.

2. Buy Less Books

 I did accomplish this goal! Funds got tight this past year so I honestly had no option to buy more books. Instead I got lucky enough to get in contact with some amazing publishers who wanted to send me books in exchange for reviews. 

3. Read The Percy Jackson Series

Whoops, this didn't happen either. I've only read the first book in the series but have no fear because I do plan on finishing the series in 2015! Thanks to my awesome Secret Santa for gifting me the box set, I have no excuses not to read it now!

4. Attempt to read The Lord of The Rings Series


I did listen to The Hobbit, does that count?

Ok so that was my 2014 Goals

Now onto my 2015 Goals!


1. Read 40 Books

I know it's not a ton of books but I think that's a reasonably if not somewhat impossible.
I really, really hope I can achieve this goal!

2. Buy Less Books

I'm keeping this one the same from last year because I honestly do not need to buy anymore books

3. Read the Percy Jackson Series

I have no excuse not to complete this one because I now own the box set.
No excuses, Heather! You must complete this goal!

4. Reread the Harry Potter Series

I did put this in my last minute goals for last year and I did pretty well with it. I reread the first 4 books so I only need to reread the last 3! 


5. Read books I really want to read

I forgot to include this in my video but this goal is really important. When I looked back on the books I read from last year I wasn't in love with a lot of them. 

I read a lot of mediocre books in my opinion. I read books for the sake of reading them which isn't bad but next year I want to read a lot of amazing books!

I plan to make a shelf on my bookcase dedicted to books I want AM going to read next year! It will be books I really want to read and not just books that I think will be ok.

So those are my goals for 2015!
I will do a blog post mid-year to update you all on my progress!

Here's to a New Year full of promise! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



1 comment:

  1. These sound like great goals! Good luck with them and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete