Friday, September 5, 2014

Bookish Goals Progress of 2014 So Far

At the beginning of this year I posted a video about my bookish goals of 2014 I wanted to accomplish & I thought it was time to revisit it.



Here is my list of all the bookish goals I wanted to achieve this year. 
Below the goals I will talk about my progress so far with said goals & what I think about achieving them.

 

1.Read 70 Books

  This will defiantly not happen. When I filmed my bookish goals video I did not know I would get pregnant this year so that kind of threw my goal for a loop! The reason for that is because I have a 'high risk' pregnancy so in the very beginning I had to take a ton of different medicines and even give myself shots so it really threw my goal bonkers.
I have since changed this goal to....

1.5. 'Read 50 Books'

 I am happy to say that of August 22, I have read 40 books! So hopefully I will surpass my goal but I'm banking on that I probably won't which is ok with me. 

2. Buy Less Books

2013 was the year I bought & bought & bought. I am happy to say this goal is going amazing! I have maybe bought 1 book each month! That is all thanks to the library & getting sent review copies!
Yay to saving money!

3. Read the Percy Jackon Series

Hahaha this still hasn't happened yet and since half the year has already gone by I'm guessing this goal probably won't happen which is a shame. I REALLY need to read this series!

4. Attempt to read the Lord Of The Rings series

I have somewhat done this! I listened to the audiobook of The Hobbit so that counts...right?

5. Read One Classic

This still hasn't happened yet but hey the year's not over yet!

6. Reread the Harry Potter Series

I am over halfway done with this goal! I have reread the first 4 books in the series! Only 3 more to go! I can do it!

Overrall:

I think I'm doing pretty well with my bookish goals this year! I think there will only be a couple I don't meet & I am totally ok with that! Overall this year has been a good reading year for me. Not amazing, but good. Granted with all the stuff that's happening in my life I am happy to have made the progress I have!

What are your reading goals for this year? How are you doing with them?
Let me know!



2 comments:

  1. Now that my child is 2 I've had a bit more time to read since she's much more independent. I've surpassed my goal of reading 100 a books this year and I am THRILLED. I've never read that many books in a year's time! I blame it on Goodreads, Booktubers such as yourself, and my Kindle. ;) I've slowed way down on my reading the last month or so...but, I'm really okay with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reading goal this year was to read 75 books. I'm 46 out of 75. I also set out a challenge for myself to do 4 books in 14 categories. I've filled out 5 categories and a few in other categories. I'm pretty happy with my progress so far.

    ReplyDelete