Thursday, September 4, 2014

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #2
Published by Bloomsbury on August 27, 2013
Genres: Fantasy
Pages: 420
Source:
Buy the Book Goodreads

From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie...and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.
  



I just read & reviewed Throne of Glass last week and I really enjoyed the book. I gave it a 4/5 because it did take me a little bit to get into the story.
Crown of Midnight is a completely different story. I was immediately drawn into the plot and it was just amazing!
 
This sequel follows Calaena as she is the king's assassin and she is trying to unravel this huge mystery involving magic & more! I love the whole magical element to this book! I will admit I get confused alot & have to re read a page or two to understand all the Wrydmarks and history but it is so worth it! 

The love in this book was just amazing. I finally got what I wanted only for it to be ripped away 50 pages later. Why you got to do a girl like that Sarah J. Maas? I don't want to spoil you on what the love is but let's just say I devoured each and every bit of it & NEEDED MORE!

I will defiantly say if you finished Throne of Glass & was a little weary of it pick up Crown of Midnight. I fully believe the sequel was much better than the first one! More action, more romance, more intrigue...just more everything!

This book will def. break your heart more than once so just be prepared for that! The ending will leave you speechless and I can say is...
Thank goodness I waited this long to read the 2nd book because the 3rd one was just released this week! I could not wait a whole year with that ending!!!

A MUST READ!



No comments:

Post a Comment