Monday, May 5, 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man 2




The Amazing Spider-Man 2 directed by  Marc Webb 
Starring: Andrew Garfield
Emma Stone
Jamie Foxx
Released on: April 16, 2014


















So you all know I love my superhero movies, right? Here it is, another Marvel one! I must I was not expecting to much going into this movie. The reason why is because the original Spider-Man movies, the ones directed by Sam Raimi and starring Toby Maguire and Kristen Dunst. I did not love those movies. I think when I first saw them when I was the ripe age of 13 I loved them but after re watching them several times, well they're not that great.
I will say Spider-Man 2 was great but for the life of me I cannot shake the awfulness that was Spider-Man 3. I will forever remember the scenes where Toby Maguire suddenly got emo and kept sweeping his hair and that piano bar scene!? What?!
Ok enough about that. I didn't love the first Amazing Spider-Man that much. I thought it was better than the original Spider-Man but I didn't love love it. Now with this movie, I thought it was leap and bounds better than the first one.
First of all I think Andrew Garfield is a great Spider-Man. I've loved Andrew since The Social Network and I just think he's got that geekiness and humor that Spider-Man is known for. I also love Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey. I did not like Kristen Dunst at all as Mary Jane but Emma Stone is amazing.  The whole cast was amazing. I loved Electro and Green Goblin.

The action scenes were great and they looked amazing. I even loved the music in this movie. One scene when Electro is about to fry a bunch of people some crazy dark techno rock plays and I don't know why but I loved it! This coming from a girl who's not a huge fan of techno but I just thought it played in nicely with the movie.

The one thing I didn't love about this movie was the ending. It felt rushed, way to rushed. It was like they were trying to jam 50 things in 20 minutes. I wanted more of a climatic battle with Electro. I felt like it was over way to fast. The big shocker on this movie ( which it's not a shocker if you know the comic books) was played out well but happened way to fast.

That was the only huge downfall for me with this movie. The ending was just to rushed. Other than that I did really enjoy the movie and I'm excited to see what the 3rd one will hold. I know that they are building up to the Sinister Six ( Thanks bro!) and that Shailene Woodley was supposed to be Mary-Jane in this movie but that it got cut. As for her returning to be in the next one, I can only hope so! She was great in Divergent and I think she will be an awesome Mary-Jane!







1 comment:

  1. Lot's of people were disappointed with this but I loved it. I've had a crush on Spider-Man since I was 6 and love all the movies. However, I totally agree they tried to cram in a lot in the movie. I also thought it would focus more on Green Goblin and Rhino, but they didn't really come into play until the end of the movie.

    ReplyDelete