Thursday, February 26, 2015

UpperCase Box

Uppercase is a young adult book subscription box. Each month you receive a hand picked book & a bookish goody each month.

Uppercase Box is ran by Lisa Parkin who has the blog, Read.Breathe.Relax.
She has been blogging about YA books for 3 years and also writes on the Huffington Post. All Uppercase Box books are read, selected and recommended by her! Pretty cool, right?

More info:

-$29 per month (includes shipping)
-Ships on the 15th of each month
-Ships to U.S, Puerto Rico & Canada. (Additional shipping cost of $13.80 is added to boxes shipping to Canada)

I was contacted by the company a couple months ago & they asked if I would review their March box which I gladly accepted. I love the idea of bookish boxes, esp. YA driven ones. You don't see many of them out there. The only ones I know of are Uppercase & the new Owlcrate.

*Please note this is a honest review. No money was exchanged at all*

Enough with the info, let's see the book goodies!

I love how simplistic the packaging it. Just a bag with a ribbon with the logo. I think it's lovely.



& This is what's in the March Uppercase box!

Let's go everything, shall we?


First up is a letter stating the book and why they picked it and explaining the bookish item included. The next item is an extra bookish item for next month if you share your box on social media, check!


The book that was included in this month's box was I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios.
I literally squealed like a little girl when I saw this book! I have been wanting it for awhile & even requested it on Netgalley but got denied.
 I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book & I can't wait to read it!

Here's the plot in case your interested:
 If seventeen-year-old Skylar Evans were a typical Creek View girl, her future would involve a double-wide trailer, a baby on her hip, and the graveyard shift at Taco Bell. But after graduation, the only thing standing between straightedge Skylar and art school are three minimum-wage months of summer. Skylar can taste the freedom—that is, until her mother loses her job and everything starts coming apart. Torn between her dreams and the people she loves, Skylar realizes everything she’s ever worked for is on the line.

Nineteen-year-old Josh Mitchell had a different ticket out of Creek View: the Marines. But after his leg is blown off in Afghanistan, he returns home, a shell of the cocksure boy he used to be. What brings Skylar and Josh together is working at the Paradise—a quirky motel off California’s dusty Highway 99. Despite their differences, their shared isolation turns into an unexpected friendship and soon, something deeper.


  The next item was a packet of things to make a mini collage. My note in the box said this really pertains to the story so I'm intrigued to see how it fits in. I'm a huge lover of vintage and old stuff so this is right up my alley!





Overall I really liked the box. The cost is $29 per month which isn't horrible. Most hardback books cost $20 so your paying real price for a book with shipping and some bookish items. Not to shabby!

Thanks so much to Uppercase Box for sending me the box, I loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment