Thursday, July 17, 2014

Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally

Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally
Series: Hundred Oaks #5
Published by SourceFire Books on June 15, 2014
Genres: Contemporary
Pages: 306
Source: Was sent this book for a honest review


Annie hates running. No matter how far she jogs, she can’t escape the guilt that if she hadn’t broken up with Kyle, he might still be alive. So to honor his memory, she starts preparing for the marathon he intended to race.

But the training is even more grueling than Annie could have imagined. Despite her coaching, she’s at war with her body, her mind—and her heart. With every mile that athletic Jeremiah cheers her on, she grows more conflicted. She wants to run into his arms…and sprint in the opposite direction. For Annie, opening up to love again may be even more of a challenge than crossing the finish line.



I know this book is 'technically' part of a series but I haven't read the entire series. I believe I've only read books 2 &3 in the series. That being said, this book is my favorite in the series so far. 

I love the premise behind the book. How Annie is training to run a marathon for her deceased ex boyfriend. I loved reading about her training sessions and it really got me in the mood to run, even though I don't. I'm probably the worst runner there is but this book made me want to just go on a jog.

Annie was a very likable character. Sure she had times where she blew up but what teenager doesn't? I also loved Jeremiah in this book too. I've never read a book about an adrenaline junkie before but it was interesting.
 
Overall, I really liked this book. It was a fast and sweet read. It makes you think about love and living in the now and committing to something. 
 
And it makes you want to run...even if your horrible at it.
 
 
 
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    This book sounds interesting. I love books that inspire you to do something good you wouldn't normally do. I also love how you've set up the post to do the review. xoxox

    ReplyDelete